Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Book Suggestions

     Here it is winter time and me without a book! Since I don't have one to read right now, I decided to make a list for you of ones that I have read and enjoyed in the past. I like mostly fiction but no romance and no horror.
   I have waded through LOTS of books that didn't pull me in or keep my interest. Seems like about one out of five is a winner.
   If you have some favorites of your own, please list them below so that I can try them.

Here is my list although I'm sure I have left some out and will not think of them until after I publish this:

The Girls by Lori Lansens
Rush Home Road by Lori Lansens
Drowning Ruth by Christina Shwarz
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
House of Sand And Fog by Andres Dubus
Midwives by Chris Bohalian
Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman Rubio
Gap Creek by Robert Morgan
The Road by Cormac McCarthy
The Oath by Frank Peretti
Monster by Frank Peretti
Whistling In The Dark by Lesley Kagen
The Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd
Jewel by Brett Lott
Queen by Alex Hailey
The Thirteenth Tale by Dianne Setterfield
Pilgrim by Timothy Findley
Girls In Trouble by Caroline Leavitt
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
Gilead:A Novel by Marilynne Robinson
Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen
Little Bee by Chris Cleave
A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick
Peace Like a River by Leif Enger
The Glass Castle: A Memoir by Jeanette Walls (true story, excellent)
One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd by Jim Fergus
Cold Mountain by Charles Frazier

No comments:

Post a Comment